June is oral health month!
At Proud Smile is Atlanta, GA, our goal is to help improve patients smiles through patient education, personalized treatments, and complete dentistry.
Like most experienced dentists, Dr. Brenda Paulen focuses on patient education in hopes patients will adopt healthy oral health habits. When you neglect your oral health, you are more likely to develop complex dental issues like periodontal disease (gum disease), tooth decay, and possibly tooth loss. Practicing health oral health habits now may prevent complex dental problems in the future.
Recent studies have suggested that periodontal disease may lead to or contribute to stroke, heart disease, diabetes, and several other serious health conditions. It is important to take proper care of your teeth and gums to improve your overall health. Dr. Paulen can work with you to help you make informed decisions regarding your oral health.
Healthy Oral Health Tips
Join Proud Smiles in our effort to improve patient smiles! Try to incorporate these few oral health tips to improve your smile.
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day. Brush your teeth for at least two minutes to ensure you are effectively brushing every tooth properly.
- Switch out your toothbrush every 3 months. The bristle on the toothbrush wears down over time, so replacing it every few months is imperative.
- Don’t forget to floss your teeth at least once a day. Flossing helps remove debris, bacteria, and plaque between the teeth.
- Clean your tongue. Some toothbrushes have a built-in tongue scraper on the back or you can use your toothbrush to gently clean the tongue.
- Quit smoking and tobacco products
- Schedule biannual dental checkups to your dentist. Regular visits to the dentist is an important part of maintaining healthy teeth and gums.
Visit Our Sandy Springs, GA Dental Office
Creating healthy oral health habits can provide a lifetime of benefits. If you are having trouble developing and maintaining a healthy oral hygiene routine, visit Proud Smiles. Dr. Paulen is a highly trained and experienced dentist in Atlanta, GA. Dr. Paulen can work with you to create a plan that works best for you. To learn more, visit Proud Smiles. Patients can call 404.418.7734 to schedule an appointment or schedule an appointment online.