Did you know that a small dental cavity could cause big problems?
Tooth decay affects patients of all ages from toddlers to seniors. A progressive condition, tooth decay worsens and spreads when left untreated. Patients with tooth decay are more susceptible to gum disease, tooth loss, and even deterioration of the jaw bone. Routine dental health check-ups and good at home oral hygiene are key in maintaining a healthy smile, but for patients who are cavity prone- it may not be enough.
At your next routine dental health exam, ask Dr. Paulen about steps you can take to reduce your risk of tooth decay. We offer preventative measures suitable for children and adult that can help support a healthier smile.
CAVITY PREVENTION PROGRAM SANDY SPRINGS, GA
At Proud Smiles, we work to help patients maintain their most natural, healthy smile possible. That means taking the extra step to prevent one of the most common dental health concerns- tooth decay. Children and adult patients can benefit from receiving additional treatments for cavity prevention. Dr. Paulen offers several treatment options for personalized, preventative dental care.
- Fluoride Varnish- Fluoride treatments are a noninvasive, topical procedure that can be completed following a dental cleaning and is suitable for patients of all ages. Fluoride is applied to the surface of the teeth and helps to fend off tooth decay.
- Sealants- Sealants are used in the crown of the molars helping reduce decay in these hard to reach places. A topical treatment, sealants are topically adhered to the surface of teeth and can be used for children or adult patients to help reduce cavity development in the molars.
- Icon- A revolutionary treatment option, Icon technology allows Dr. Paulen to treat minor tooth decay without drilling. Caught early, tooth decay may be able to be treated with the non-invasive Icon technology reducing dental anxiety and preventing further damage to the teeth.
- Prescription Fluoride Toothpaste- Dr. Paulen may make personalized recommendations for oral hygiene products for patients who are more prone to tooth decay. Dr. Paulen offers a prescription fluoride toothpaste, Clinpro 5000, for patients in need of a higher strength toothpaste.
- Phocal Fluoride Disc: Patented Phocal disks are inserted inbetween the teeth. The discs are designed to soften and expand forming a gel seal between teeth. Phocal discs are ment to prevent the development of decay on the surfaces between teeth.
- Fluoride Gel Trays: Patients who experience severe dry mouth are more likely to develop tooth decay. Dry mouth is a common side effect of many systemic illness and medications. Patients who are undergoing treatment for cancer, organ transplants or have Lupos, may benefit from fluoride gel trays to help reduce the side effects of dry mouth.
Schedule A Consultation
Routine dental health exams can help keep you and your whole family smiling bright! Contact our Sandy Springs, GA dentist office to request a dental health exam today. We welcome new patients and can offer the experienced, personalized care that you need to achieve the smile you desire.